Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bolo Battalion Ring (Read 8825 times)
Bolo
YaBB Newbies

Bolo Battalion Ring
Mar 31st, 2007, 11:39pm

Hello,

I have registered here in an attempt to learn more about a ring I possess.  It is sterling silver with the number 132 hand engraved within it.  The crest is in the shape of an oval with the words "The Bolo Battalion".  Running laterally, within it's center is a bolo knife.  At both the 3 and 9 o"clock positions there are what appear to be an individual pine tree.  American Eagles with shields upon their chests adorn either side.  One side has the number 14, while the other the number 15.  These numbers rest upon the shoulders, between the head, of each eagle.  Unfortunately I can not make out the name of the silver company that made the ring do to the internal wear.  

Is there anyone out there who can tell me more about this ring?

Thank you.

Regards,

Chuck Stubben

« Last Edit: Jun 11th, 2007, 5:50pm by Chris_Schaefer »  
  IP Logged
Noy
YaBB Newbies

Re: Bolo Battalion Ring
Reply #1 - Jan 16th, 2008, 2:56am

This is probably not the answer you are looking for but the info might be nice........

In 1942 the United States Marine Corps enlisted Filipinos to teach combat bladefighting with the knife, bayonet, and other hand-to-hand combat skills to the elite Marine Raider Battalions that spearheaded the war against the Japanese in the central Pacific. Most significantly, the First (1st) Filipino Regiment of the US Army became recognized as the original BOLO BATTALION. This unit, along with others such as the Philippine Scouts and other guerrilla units established the modern military legacy of Filipino Kali during the liberation of the Philippines when they fought blade to blade and blade to rifle and defeated the finest units of the Japanese Imperial Armed Forces armed and trained in the art of the Samurai.

IP Logged
Noy
YaBB Newbies

Reply #2 - Jan 16th, 2008, 3:13am

IP Logged
Noy
YaBB Newbies

Reply #3 - Jan 16th, 2008, 3:14am

The Division evolved and is now known as  the Tabak Division

http://www.army.mil.ph/Army_Sites/INFANTRY%20DIVISIONS/1IDWebpage/index.htm