Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Maj. Prospero Ringor - COMPANY L 57th Inf. (PS) (Read 1391 times)
Descendants of Maj. Ringor
YaBB Newbies

Philippines
Maj. Prospero Ringor - COMPANY L 57th Inf. (PS)
Mar 27th, 2007, 3:11pm

retired Maj. Prospero Q. Ringor was my grandfather. He passed away March 12, 2007 around two weeks ago of Aortic Aneurysm.

He served with COMPANY L 57th Infantry (PS) with the USAFFE during World War II. His date of enlistment was on Feb. 24, 1941 and discharged on Dec. 29, 1945. He went to a Troop School and graduated in 1959, but this was when he was back in the Philippine Army after the war. He retired from the military in 1963.

He fought in Bataan but was stationed in Pangasinan for most of his years with the USAFFE. He was awarded a Purple Heart, a Bronze Service Star, an American Defense Ribbon, a Philippine Defense Ribbon, Two Oak Leaf with clusters and a World War II Victory Medal. There were others, but I dont have his discharge papers with me, I'm going by my memory. However, I have his other memorabilia, I kept his headgear/helmet, his white duck uniform, his other pins and medals, photos from the war, the troop school and the Troop school's graduate souvenir program.

If there is anyone that worked with him in the USAFFE or went to Troop School with him or perhaps anyone that was a friend to my beloved grandfather that's still alive, it would be nice to hear from you. He is survived by his wife Lydia Castro Ringor and grandchildren Shanti and Dino. His son passed away sixteen years ago. They're all in the Philippines. His remains are buried in his hometown in San Fabian, Pangasinan, Philippines.

If I was born a man, i would have joined the Army, too. Smiley

EMAIL: McShanti@gmail.com

Shantslazy@yahoo.com   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print