Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Anyone from COMPANY L 57th Inf (PS)? (Read 4100 times)
Descendants of Maj. Ringor
YaBB Newbies

Philippines
Anyone from COMPANY L 57th Inf (PS)?
Mar 26th, 2007, 11:08am

My grandfather, Maj. Prospero Q. Ringor passed away Marsh 12, 2007 at age 86. I have all his documents and medals. I wonder if anyone from the same squad is still alive? It would be nice to hear from his old friends.

Shantslazy@yahoo.com   IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Re: Anyone from COMPANY L 57th Inf (PS)?
Reply #1 - May 13th, 2007, 7:09am

The following are sixteen 57th Infantry (PS) veterans thought to still be living.  The book "Anywhere--Anytime: The history of the Fifty-Seventh Infantry (PS)" by Col. John E. Olson may be of interest to you.  Ordering information is on the PSHS website bibliography page.  Editor

57th Infantry (PS) Veterans—16
John Benson, [“A” Co.], San Francisco, CA
Justiniano B. Betorin, [“A” Co.], Malabon City, Philippines
Mariano Cauilan, [Service Co.], Pleasant Hill, CA
William Penalosa Cazar, [“F” Co.], Ormoc City, Philippines
Primitivo Alcala Cuenca, [HQ Co.], Vallejo, CA
Sgt. Maj. Vic dela Cruz, Marina, CA
Romy Entac, [“G” Co., Machine Gun Platoon], Lennox, CA
Cpl. Joe Estero, (New Scout), Makati, Philippines—also served w/ post-war 45th Inf.
     (PS) & 44th Inf. (PS)
Capt. Nick Golla, [“E” Co.], Seattle, WA
Domindor Guevara, [Anti-Tank Co.], Morton Grove, IL
Cpl. Agustin O. Lacao, [“I” Co.], Seattle, WA
Col. John E. Olson, San Antonio, TX
Major Urbano Quijance, [“B” Co., SD w/ S-3, Regtl. Hqtrs], Seattle, WA
MSgt. Alfredo Quijano, San Antonio, TX
Sgt. Joe Taton, Sr., [HQ Co.], Seattle, WA
Col. Frederick Yeager, Wilmington, NC

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
ord510

AZ
Re: Anyone from COMPANY L 57th Inf (PS)?
Reply #2 - Feb 10th, 2008, 5:55pm

I saw this when it first was posted last year but only could find his Army File Record and his WW II Enlistment Record.  Unfortunately this records only list the basic information about the soldier.  Rank, date of enlistment, component joined and civil occupation which probbly is already known by the family.  No names of fellow soldiers are on these records.

Prospero was an actor in Motion Pictures in his civilian life and he enlisted on February 24, 1941 for one year.  On the chance that he resided in the US I searched the Census records, these would have given names of members of his family, but nothing more was available than the two records cited.

Tom McGeeney

Tom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print