Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
MSGT Denny Ganioco, Co F, 12th QM Regt, (PS) (Read 2237 times)
fourx4taxi
YaBB Newbies

MSGT Denny Ganioco, Co F, 12th QM Regt, (PS)
Feb 9th, 2007, 4:07am

Did anybody know MSGT Denny Ganioco who served with Scouts 1931-1948.  I'm his grandson and I'm looking for information about his time with the Scouts.  Sadly he passed away Jan 29, 2007.  I have the honor of preserving his military career for the family.

I have his paper work stating he was with the 45th Infantry and the 26th Calvary.  He told me before he died that he was with the 26th first, and then with the 45th.  If anybody knew him I would like to hear from them.  

Thank you for your time,

Steve Ganioco

« Last Edit: Apr 23rd, 2007, 10:20pm by Chris_Schaefer »  
  IP Logged
ord510

AZ
Re: MSGT Denny Ganioco
Reply #1 - Feb 9th, 2007, 12:28pm

Gentlemen,

Came up with a Dionisio L Ganioco, a Julia G. Ganioco, and a Apolonia D Ganioco Ganioco.  All in the Phlippines.
Dionisio was probably shortened to Denny.  Apolonia was buried at Clark Afb 14 Feb 1939.  He is listed as a Pvt in Co F, 12th QM Regt, Div, PS.  If he was a minor than the information pertains to his father.  Or he could have also been an enlisted man, information is unclear.

I have a phone list showing Denny L. Ganioco living alone in Alhambra, CA in 2006 at 92 years of age.  Julia on a Social Security Death Record from 1996.

Dionisio's service record has him in the Quartermasters  as a corporal, WW II Prisoner Record has him as a Corporal with dates 7 May 42 to 16 Mar 45.  Then with a date of enlistment on 1 Jul 46 we have him a Sgt and enlistment for Hawaii and residence in Montana.  Even though he was probably not in either of those places.

Hopefully some of his fellow servicemen who served with him can add to this information.

Tom McGeeney

Tom
  IP Logged
fourx4taxi
YaBB Newbies

Re: MSGT Denny Ganioco
Reply #2 - Feb 9th, 2007, 10:26pm

Thanks for the info. I forgot the say that I'm his grandson and I would be greatfull for any info anybody has.
I also have all his paper work and a couple pictures. Denny passed away Jan 29, 2007 after a long bout with cancer.

IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Re: MSGT Denny Ganioco, Co F, 12th QM Regt, (PS)
Reply #3 - Apr 27th, 2007, 9:20am

According to John Manguso, Director of the Fort Sam Houston Museum, which is the official USG repository for Philippine Scout memorabilia, "the second photo was taken 1948-51 based on the insignia on the uniform."  Editor

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print