Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Constantino S. Albano--64th QMstr Serv Co. (Read 3442 times)
Amy40BB
YaBB Newbies

Constantino S. Albano--64th QMstr Serv Co.
Jan 10th, 2007, 2:47am

I am the daughter of a Philippine Scout who served in the 64th Quartermaster Service Company in Saipan from 3/26/47 to 12/10/48.  His name was Constantino S. Albano and he has been deceased since 8/29/79.  My mother has a letter he wrote about never receiving his mustering out pay from the U.S. Army.
Can someone help me find out who to contact to ask about the money owed to our family?
Thank you, Amy Orendain Cry

« Last Edit: Jan 10th, 2007, 8:55am by Editor-at-Large »  
  IP Logged
ord510

AZ
Re: Constantino S. Albano--64th QMstr Serv Co.
Reply #1 - Jan 10th, 2007, 7:49pm

Amy,

I got a Constantino Albano going in the Army from New York in 1943 and I knew that wasn't the right one.  I did get one from the Phlippines and maybe this might be him..  It is a California Passenger and Crew List, 1893-1957.  It lists Constantino Albano, being born April 24, 1909 in Ilocos, I. Norte.  Sailing on the President Harrison and arriving in San Francisco on October 23, 1929.  It lists him as single and staying in San Francisco at 373 Ellis Street.  As he is the only one on the list going to that address it could be a relative or friend's house.

Another place to try for Military Personnel Records is:

National  Personnel Records Center
Military Personnel Records
9700 Page Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63132-5100.

Give them all the information you have and they should come up with something.  One problem though, there was a fire there in the 1970's and that might limit what they can recover.

I wish you luck.

Tom McGeeney

Tom
  IP Logged
aibagley
YaBB Newbies

Alabama
Reply #2 - Mar 22nd, 2007, 12:32am

Dear Amy,

I'm sorry that I did not reply sooner.  I thought I recognized your father's name and aflter I looked up some references, I found out that we left Saipan on the same orders.  If you do not have his serial number, it is PS10308897 and he enlisted on 15 March 1946.  If you have his enlistment record, WD AGO Form 53, you can submit it to claim his mustering out pay which would amount to $50.00.  I think you will have to submit your claim to the Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS).  I would make sure of the channels to go through before relinquishing the original WD AGO Form 53.  They will want the original.  This website has links to other government sites that will help you research this matter.

Good luck,

Aniceto I. Bagley

aibagley
  IP Logged
aibagley
YaBB Newbies

Alabama
Reply #3 - Mar 16th, 2008, 10:39pm

Amy,

I hope you have had success in obtaining your father's mustering out pay.  After going over some other papers of mine, I realized that Constantino Albano was originally with my unit, the 76th Ornance Ammunition Company (Philippine Scouts) when we left the Philippines.  If you give me your e-mail address I can give you a copy of our Passenger List.

Sincerely,

Aniceto I. Bagley
aibagley@juno.com

aibagley
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print