Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Surviving Philippine Scouts (old list) (Read 63053 times)
pinoykamikaze
YaBB Newbies

Re: Surviving Philippine Scouts
Reply #20 - Aug 21st, 2009, 4:53am

Good Afternoon to all members here! Right now, I'm working at Philippine Veterans Bank here in our province, Pangasinan. Due to the reason that I'm a grandson of a WW II veterans, I am also taking great pride to introduced and add in the List of Surviving Philippine Scouts of Philippine Scouts Heritage Society our family friend, clients and pensioner of our bank...Sgt. Marcelino Perez Ventura, A truly Genuine Phillippine Scouts Cavalry Man(AUS), A defender of Bataan, POW/Survivor of Death March and a Purple Heart decorated Scouts.

This is the information I saw and read in his discharge papers today dated 08.21.09 in his house.

Component              :   ARMY OF THE UNITED STATES
Arm of Service         :   CAVALRY
Date of Enlistment    :   SEPTEMBER 21, 1931
Rank                       :   PRIVATE
Army Serial No         :    6738357
Unit                         :   TROOPS A, 26TH CAVALRY
Date of Discharge/    :   JUNE 30, 1946  
   Separation
Rank(after discharge)  :    SERGEANT

Our lolo(we called it grandfather) is already 96 years old. He was born in 1913, but it seems that he's ready to achieve the feat 100 years old if he's always stay fit. He told me the story of his military career from riding his 1st horse as a cavalryman, heroic stand for depending bataan and his suffering as a pow in the death march. As I ended my conversation to "lolo" I've made a promised that I will post in this message board today all there's to know about him, especially his military service records.

Hoping that it gives an info. in this site that there are some or many more philippine scouts that still ALIVE and KICKING, like our "lolo" in  our province pangasinan and the whole country.

God Bless our WW II Veterans!!!

Pinoykamikaze Wink

IP Logged
pinoykamikaze
YaBB Newbies

Reply #21 - Aug 21st, 2009, 5:28am

Additional Scouts for this site is our clients/pensioner , Mr. Angel M. Najera, A New Philippine Scouts still alive and kicking here also in the province of pangasinan.

Component : ARMY OF THE UNITED STATES
Arm Service : ORD Infantry
Organization  :  99th OHM Company FA(PS)
Date of Enlistment  :  July 15, 1946
Army Serial No.  :  10333873
Date of Separation  :  February 14, 1949
    Discharge

Kindly included this name in the list of surviving philippine scouts.

thank you!

Pinoykamikaze Smiley

IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Reply #22 - Aug 24th, 2009, 10:31am

The following are eight surviving Philippine Scouts identified since our spring 2009 newsletter:

John Begornia, Pearl City, HI (New Scout)— 510th Transportation Co. (PS)

Romeo Castro, Chicago, IL—26th Cavalry (PS)

Eduardo “Eddie” Verchez Garcia, unit unknown (New Scout)

Mel L. Escuadra, Quezon City—Battery “A”, 1st Bn., 24th Field Artillery (PS)

Cris Madayag, Wahiawa, HI  (New Scout)— 14th Engineers Bn. (PS)

PFC Angel M. Namera, Pangasinan, RP (New Scout)—99th  OHM Co. (PS) (probably a maintenance unit in the Ryukyus Command)

SFC Tomas B. Taguba, Sr., Wahiawa, HI—57th Infantry (PS)  [earlier 12th Ord Co. (PS)]

Cpl. Marcelino Perez Ventura, Pangasinan, RP—“A” Troop, 26th Cavalry (PS) post-war in Military Police (PS)

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Reply #23 - Sep 1st, 2009, 6:05am

News of the passing of Lorie Cabiao, 26th Cavalry (PS), Lacey, WA on 8/29/09 has just been received.  His obituary will be published on our PSHS website.

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Reply #24 - Sep 9th, 2009, 12:47pm

Surviving Philippine Scout veteran Valentine Untalan, [“L” Co.] 57th Infantry (PS), Calasiao, Pangasinan, Philippines has just been brought to our attention.  This brings the known number of survivors to 117.

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
OlsenPC
YaBB Newbies

Reply #25 - Sep 10th, 2009, 7:27pm

Dear Editor:  COuld you please tell me where : Cpl. Marcelino Perez Ventura, Pangasinan, RP—“A” Troop, 26th Cavalry (PS), is located (general area?).  My G. Uncle was commander of his Troop, and I would dearly love to get in touch with him if this were possible.
Thanks,

Peter Olsen

petrao57   IP Logged
Grandaughter Noland
YaBB Newbies

Reply #26 - Sep 23rd, 2009, 6:00pm

I noticed that there is no listing of 43rd Infantry PS. I believe, through this site, I have determined that there was one  (43rd) in WWI but that it was disbanded after the war. Then reinstated for WWII and derived from the 45th. I want to know if these PS troops fought alongside their American counterparts (I hope I'm saying this right). My Grandfather James T. Noland was H Co 103 Infantry 43rd Division and he has a Philippine Peso with many signatures on it. I feel that they may be some names Philippine Scouts. I am tracking his unit through the war and have really enjoyed all the information and insight this site has provided. I am proud that my Grandfather fought for and with the Philippine Scouts. Unfortunately any stories are limited and second hand. He and my grandmother saved EVERY letter they wrote to eachother but they were detroyed in a basement flood.  He passed away shortly after his 85th birthday alsmost two years ago.

If I try to decipher names from this Pilippine Peso and post them do you think I might have any luck, or is it just too random?  I cant get access to the Nation Archives because I am not a family member of a PS. I am not sure where to start.
Thank you for any assistance anyone can provide.  
Rachel Lockert Grandaughter of James (Jim or Jimmy) T. Noland

IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Reply #27 - Sep 23rd, 2009, 6:41pm

If you will check the first message in this string, which lists surviving Scouts by unit, you will find the following listing:

43rd Infantry (PS)--1
Gaspar C. Dowling (later 44th Inf. (PS)—New Scouts

It's possible that, if you can decipher the names written on the peso note, some visitors to this site might recognize at least some of them.

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
Grandaughter Noland
YaBB Newbies

Reply #28 - Sep 23rd, 2009, 7:26pm

I truly looked at this three times and did not see it. Sorry for the mistake. Maybe I just didnt start at the top.
Thank you. I will try.  Rachel Lockert

IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Reply #29 - Oct 27th, 2009, 12:38pm

dear sirs,
after reading your articles on the Phil.Scouts l beg that the 56th combat engineers should be included, l enlisted late in Jan 1945 and was given trainning at Porac, Pampanga and subsequently assigned  at Camp Odonnel with the 56th Combat Engineers PS under the 12th PS Division where all the mentioned outfits 43th,45th and 57th Infantry, 22nd 23rd Coast artillery were also base and of course the 12th PM Battation, 12th Medical Corps, 12th Signal Battalion 12th Ordinance and the 56th Combat Engineers, later the 56th engrs were assigned in Clark Air Base to repairs the damaged after the war and sebsequently was assigned to Guam but this time was renamed 56th Construction Battalion and this is were it was deactivation and send back tgo he Philippines.

l have a question? where could we get a copy of the honorable discharge certificate?

rgds Noel Gacusan

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Reply #30 - Oct 30th, 2009, 10:37am

The following names would not fit on the master list of surviving Philippine Scouts.  The combined two lists total 119 Scouts.

Unidentified Units—26
Desiderio Abreo, Pittsburg, CA
Vitaliono Bantiles, San Jose, CA (New Scout)
Leonardo Bueno, CA [73rd?]
Nick Casabuena, Sacramento, CA
Protacio Combes, CA
Flaviano M. Diala, Qtr. Master Det., Vallejo, CA
Miguel Dumlao, CA
Desiderio Ebreo, CA
MSgt. Rafael G. Escanilla, Sacramento, CA
Anastacio Gallardo, CA
Eduardo (Eddie) Verchez Garci­a, Manila (NS)
Vireil Gonzales, CA
Marcos Ipili, CA
Hendriclaro Macavinta, (NS), Makato, Aklan, Philippines
Zosimo Macavinta, (NS), Makato, Aklan, Philippines
Ulpiano Naca Sr., CA
Isabelo Pajo, Quezon City, Philippines
Auxencio Penaranda, CA
Joe Rueles, Pittsburg, CA
Joseph Ruelos,  CA
Janny Ruiz, Hecules, CA
Inocencio Servigon,  CA
Vincent Silva, [200th CA?] Antioch, CA
Joseph Soy, CA
Emilio T. Terencio, (NS), Makato, Aklan, RP
Osseo B. Villegas, Los Angeles, CA

7/5/10

« Last Edit: Jul 5th, 2010, 3:53pm by Editor-at-Large »  

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Reply #31 - Jul 5th, 2010, 3:50pm

The following six are newly-identified surviving Philippine Scouts:

Cpl. Vincente Balayan, 14th Engineers (PS), Alabang, Philippines
Cpl. Florencio Bartolome, 91st or 92nd Coast Artillery (PS), San Jose, CA
Alberto R. Castillo, Co "E", 57th Infantry (PS), CA
Cpl. Hermenigildo Dato, 88th Field Artillery (PS), Bty. "D", 2nd Bn., Paranaque, Philippines
SSgt. Virgilio Gonzalez, Div. Hq. Co., Las Pinas, Philippines
Isabelo Pajo, unit unknown, Quezon City

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
victor
YaBB Administrator

PA
Reply #32 - Mar 9th, 2014, 5:24pm

Off-Topic replies have been moved to this Topic.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print