Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
PFC BONIFACIO GARCIA (Read 2555 times)
Chris_Schaefer
YaBB Administrator

Texas
PFC BONIFACIO GARCIA
Dec 07th, 2006, 6:00pm

Hello my Father is long gone but Iím interested in a lot of things about him during WW II.  

Please Help Me.  I want to talk or get in touch with anyone who can recognize my Father from Bustos, Bulacan.

His name is PFC BONIFACIO GARCIA (FACIO) from Talampas, Bustos, Bulacan..

Maraming Salamat po

Javier Garcia

WWW   IP Logged
Cabantoy
YaBB Newbies

Know when to humble

Re: PFC BONIFACIO GARCIA
Reply #1 - Feb 14th, 2007, 5:18pm

Hello,
I too am very interested in finding information about my fathers participation in WW11.  He spoke of his time in the service very often while we were growing up.  I believe he always wondered if anyone here in the United States  knew of the dedication these Scouts had and the sacrifices that they made?  I wish that he could have seen this website before he passed away it would have meant a great deal to him.  Just to know that they were not forgotten.  
There is so much I want to know for Him to honor him so that my children and grandchildren will not forget where there Roots are.
Maybe we can help each other in our search

« Last Edit: Feb 19th, 2007, 2:49pm by Editor-at-Large »  

On behalf of my Father ,
Juan Malate Cabantoy 39136961
Date of enlistment July 15, 1943
Kija Cabantoy

"know when to humble"
Juan Malate Cabantoy
  IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Re: PFC BONIFACIO GARCIA
Reply #2 - Feb 19th, 2007, 2:52pm

It would appear that Juan Malate Cabantoy probably was in the First Filipino Infantry Regiment, information concerning which can be obtained under the "Units" subject heading and on the home page of the PSHS website to which this message board is attached.  The First and Second Filipino Infantry Regiments were formed in the U.S. and took part in the liberation of the Philippines.  They were not part of the Philippine Scouts and enlistment in the Scouts would have been impossible in 1943, well after the USAFFE surrender.   Editor

« Last Edit: Feb 19th, 2007, 11:54pm by Editor-at-Large »  

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print