Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cpl Ricardo Reyes, 57th Inf., and Doroteo Reyes (Read 2260 times)
Chris_Schaefer
YaBB Administrator

Texas
Cpl Ricardo Reyes, 57th Inf., and Doroteo Reyes
Nov 21st, 2006, 7:36pm

Hello. I am Doroteo B. Reyes, a Filipino catholic missionary priest in Thailand.  I am presently here at Berkeley for my sabbatical year.  I have 2 uncles who were with the Philippine Scouts.  One, Ricardo Reyes (Cpl C Co. 57th Inf PS; XC-6 135 417) must have died in 1943.  The other, Doroteo Reyes (XC-6 241 349) must have died after the war.  I am making our family tree, and any information about my 2 uncles will be much appreciated. Thank you very much.

Fr. Doroteo B. Reyes, OMI

WWW   IP Logged
Chris_Schaefer
YaBB Administrator

Texas
Re: Cpl Ricardo Reyes, 57th Inf., and Doroteo Reye
Reply #1 - Dec 8th, 2006, 12:19pm

Regarding Fr. Doroteo B. Reyes's  inquiry, the serial numbers seem to be genuine. I am basing it with mine (6866740) when I enlisted in 1939.  Theirs are way ahead of me. That is all I can contribute to this request.  There are more PS survivors from the 57th and maybe someone from the 57th
can remember them.

Sincerely, Fred  Foz

Major Fred Foz served in the 45th Infantry and is President Emeritus of the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society--ed.

WWW   IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Re: Cpl Ricardo Reyes, 57th Inf., and Doroteo Reye
Reply #2 - Dec 11th, 2006, 5:06pm

Listed below is a book by former 57th Infantry (PS) officer Col. John Olson, which gives the unit's history and might have some mention of Cpl. Reyes.  The price includes domestic postage.    Editor

Anywhere-Anytime by Col. John Olson.
History of the 57th Infantry (PS). Many maps, rosters and pictures. $17.00, includes postage.  Send check or money order to:

John E. Olson
   The Towers, #510 Parklane
   San Antonio, TX 78209

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print