Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
12th Quarter Master Reg't (PS) (Read 5667 times)
lanris
YaBB Newbies

12th Quarter Master Reg't (PS)
Oct 25th, 2006, 5:09am

My grandfather served WWI and WWII. From so little information that my mom gave me,hopefully you can give us a little history of my grand dad or the company that he served.He is technical Sergant Ignacio Jabines of the 12th qm regp/ps.Not sure what those abbreviation means. My mom also gave me a # 318.669.Thats all the information that we have.

Mahalo

« Last Edit: Oct 25th, 2006, 2:30pm by Editor-at-Large »  
  IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Re: 12th Quarter Master Reg't (PS)
Reply #1 - Oct 25th, 2006, 8:40am

A write-up on the 12th Quartermaster Battalion (PS) can be found on pages 257-268 of The Philippine Scouts edited by Col. John E. Olson.  The unit was first activated in 1922 as the 12th Quartermaster Regiment (PS), so was not in existence during WWI.  Information on obtaining the Olson book is available on our PSHS website bibliography page.  

Editor

« Last Edit: Oct 25th, 2006, 2:31pm by Editor-at-Large »  

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
ord510

AZ
Reply #2 - Oct 25th, 2006, 10:54am

Mahalo,

I found two names:

Arturo Igancio Jabines, Sgt Co D, 12th QM Regt PS, died May 19, 1939 and buried May 5, 1939 at Ft Stotsenburg Cemetery.  Section B, site 3.

Ignacio Jabines,  "World War II Prisoners of War, 1941-1946"

With Ignacio Jabines I also got a "US World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946"  They misspelled his name, putting "Igna Io Jabines", but I am sure they are the same person.
He was a Sgt in the Quartermaster, Philippine Scouts, born in 1900, enlisted in the US Army 21 Sep 1940, his prisoner dates were 7 May 1942 to 20 apr 1945, he was liberated.  
I also have a Social Security Death index for an Ignacio Jabines, born 3 Oct 1901 and died 4 Jan 1975 in Hawaii.

Regards,  Tom McGeeney    ord510@cox.net

« Last Edit: Oct 25th, 2006, 2:31pm by Editor-at-Large »  

Tom
  IP Logged
lanris
YaBB Newbies

Reply #3 - Nov 9th, 2006, 6:30pm

Mr. Tom McGeeney

Sorry took so long to respone.I was on vacation,But anyways everything is correct except where he died.HE died in the philippines,I remember being there as a little kid. I was six. Before he died my mom told me that he remarried.So my moms concern is who gets the benificiery of my grandfather.So little did my mom know about the marriage event that my grandfather did. He married an 18 yrs old lady.

mahalo
Allan

IP Logged
ord510

AZ
Reply #4 - Nov 9th, 2006, 11:42pm

Allan,

No problem.  Since I answered your message I have found out a lot of the Scouts "were issued" states even though they never left the Philippines.  I think this occured after the war when they elected to stay in the Army.  I have noticed Hawaii and Montana as being listed as their states.

This "federal dumping", so to speak, took place in California when the US government brought 60,000 or so Cambodians to this country.  Many were relocated to Long Beach and Garden Grove.  I was on unemployment at the time and had to go to the State Employment Office once a week.  Every 3rd week or so an interview was scheduled.  So I was surrounded by Cambodians with their interpreters.  I mention this here because in Garden Grove they also have a large number and the Chief of Police of Saigon was living in Fullerton.

A couple of years later the FBI started using Garden Grove as a "dumping ground" for their witness protection plan.  The government had just used it for a lot of Cambodians, hide the witness protection people there.    Well, the Chief of Police for Garden Grove started having Professsional hits in his city and he staced it back to the witness protection plan of the FBI.  So after WW II we had Filipinos being issued states.  Maybe someone else has some more input on the Filipinos being issued a state and never living in it.

Regards,

Tom    ord510@cox.net

Tom
  IP Logged
lanris
YaBB Newbies

Reply #5 - Nov 12th, 2006, 4:27am

Tom

Thank you for all the information that you have given me.

Mahalo
Allan

IP Logged
Chris_Schaefer
YaBB Administrator

Texas
Reply #6 - Nov 18th, 2006, 8:25pm

There is a series of four books titled "The Wainwright Papers," by Celedonio A. Ancheta (editor).  Volume 4 contains a "Report of Operations, Quartermaster Corps," by Brig. Gen. Charles C. Drake.  It is unlikely that Sergant Ignacio Jabines would be mentioned by name in this report, but it is another source of information about the Quartermaster Corps in the Philippines during the war.  The books are somewhat hard to find, but they were published by New Day Publishers, in Quezon City, Philippines.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print