Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Saturnino Ramos Cabigas, 26th Cav(PS) (Read 3515 times)
Chris_Schaefer
YaBB Administrator

Texas
Saturnino Ramos Cabigas, 26th Cav(PS)
Oct 15th, 2006, 10:26pm

Dear  Sirs.

Uncle Saturnino Ramos Cabigas PFC,  Served in the United States Army, Philippine Scouts 26th Cavalry, Troupe E.  Awarded Bronze Star for action against the enemy, Philippines.  He passed away Oct. 1998.

I am looking for information about Troupe E.  Where was Troupe stationed on 12/08/41?  Where was Troupe E in the battle of the Philippines?  What regiment was Troupe E in?   Was Troupe E in the battle of Bataan?  Was Troupe E captured and sent on the DEATH MARCH?

Any information about Troupe E would be greatly appreciated,

Bless the Philippine Scouts

Robert Ciriaco Cabigas
e-mail  Treborsagibac@msn.com

« Last Edit: Mar 31st, 2007, 10:24am by Editor-at-Large »  
WWW   IP Logged
Chris_Schaefer
YaBB Administrator

Texas
Re: Saturnino Ramos Cabigas
Reply #1 - Nov 3rd, 2006, 3:01pm

As of Dec. 1941 PFC Saturnino Ramos Cabigas, Serial # 6739569 enlisted for four years on Oct. 24, 1940 . The E Troop commanding officer was Capt. John Z. Wheeler.

George Rummel.

WWW   IP Logged
Chris_Schaefer
YaBB Administrator

Texas
Reply #2 - Nov 3rd, 2006, 4:08pm

Ancestry.com has 3  items on Saturnino.  WW II Army enlistment record, US Veterans Cemeteries, & Social Security Death Index.  Arthur Kendal Whitehead has a book out on Troop E, 26th Cav, "Odyssey of a Philippine Scout".  I've read it and it is good.  While Arthur gets separated from the regiment as they moved into Bataan, he mentions some lively encounters before he is forced to travel south by way of Mindoro.  That is the Odyssey part.  He ends up in Australia.

It has no index so you are reading "Pot Luck" on what is there.  I skimmed throgh it and saw references to Troop E, to which Arthur was first assigned.

Regards, Tom McGeeney.

WWW   IP Logged
Chris_Schaefer
YaBB Administrator

Texas
Reply #3 - Nov 3rd, 2006, 4:35pm

Yes, I knew him.  He enlisted in 1940 somewhere in the Ilocos provinces. I  have to search my memory to tell more. During his recruit training he was assigned with Corporal Herminehildo Genova's squad.  -  Felipe Fernandez.

WWW   IP Logged
26th
YaBB Newbies

Re: Saturnino Ramos Cabigas, 26th Cav(PS)
Reply #4 - Apr 6th, 2007, 11:55am

To Capt. Felipe Fernandez: anyway to meet you and talk about my Uncle? I live in Scotts valley,Ca about 30 miles from you. Also looking for any pictures of that time period on horse's. To all out there my brothers and I need info on Saturnino's brother Ciriaco Ramos Cabigas my father, PS trooper from 1923-1926.

Rudy Cabigas

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print