Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Philippine Division Organization Day Program (Read 2779 times)
victor
YaBB Administrator

PA
Philippine Division Organization Day Program
Sep 28th, 2006, 9:38pm

I'm just sharing the scans of a 1947 12th Infantry Division Souvenir Program that I came across. May they have helpful information for any researchers. Cheers.

Click for bigger

Click for bigger

Click for bigger

Click for bigger

Click for bigger

Click for bigger

Click for bigger

Click for bigger

Click for bigger

Click for bigger

Click for bigger

« Last Edit: Sep 29th, 2006, 7:03am by victor »  
  IP Logged
ord510

AZ
Re: Philippine Division Organization Day Program
Reply #1 - Sep 30th, 2006, 1:01pm

Victor Verano,

Great Souvenir Program on the 12th (PS) Div.  Having "scraps" from the past helps us all in remembering.  At the time of this program WW II had just ended and there was going to be one of these regiments going to Japan on Occupation duty.  But alas it only got as far as Okinawa.  I often wonder at the ultimate terms of Japan's surrender.  POWs not being able to get compensation for being used as slave labor in war industries, all Japanese prisoners released from prison at the time of the Korean War, etc.  

I am sure the cause of world peace must have been the deciding factor.  But isn't something owed to the members of the Armed Forces for had to endure years of humiliation under Japanese control.  Dr Lester Tenney starts off his book "My Hitch In Hell" with a quote from Pres Franklin Roosevelt at one of his "Fireside Chats" in March 1942.  "In every battle there comes a time when one group of warriors must be sacrificed for the benefit of the whole".  He was speaking of the Battle of the Philippines.

We have to and will live with these results and inequities.  Like the interned Nisie Americans.  With better conditions than our POWs ever thought of.  And compensation after the war was over. The difference was these were American citizens that we locked up. Our POWs weren't even paid for their slave labor in war industry.

Somewhere down the road of life this inequity must be satisfied.

Tom McGeeney     ord510@cox.net

Tom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print