Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Alejandro  Rimando (Read 2729 times)
surfingoofy
YaBB Newbies

Maryland
Alejandro  Rimando
Sep 3rd, 2006, 12:47pm

I am looking for any information on my Grandfather, his name was Alejandro Rimando, he was from Umingan, Pangasinan, but was born and raised in La Union.  My Lola was told he died at a POW camp in Tarlac, that is all the information that we have, other then a serial number, and the fact that she recieved a monthly check from the US.  If anyone knows of anyone who can help me find anything on him, please contact me.

A proud Grandson of To Bataan POWs

Jon Rimando

« Last Edit: Oct 05th, 2006, 11:09am by Editor-at-Large »  
Srfgoofy   IP Logged
Chris_Schaefer
YaBB Administrator

Texas
Re: Alejandro  Rimando
Reply #1 - Oct 4th, 2006, 10:02am

Rimando, if I recall is/was with the 45th Inf. PS. but I do not remember his first name. That name is familiar to most PS in the 45th Inf PS.  Also, two of our First Bn., 45th Inf. PS companies were assigned in Pettit Barracks in Mindanao before WW II.  The other two companies were assigned in Camp John Hay, Baguio City before the war.  So, the 45th Inf. PS always fought Regt (less) when our 45th Inf PS was committed to action in Bataan.

Fred Foz

« Last Edit: Oct 4th, 2006, 9:27pm by Editor-at-Large »  
WWW   IP Logged
surfingoofy
YaBB Newbies

Maryland
Re: Alejandro  Rimando
Reply #2 - May 25th, 2013, 11:01am

Thank you for the information Sir.  I am starting to research once again, I had gotten frustrated and gave up for a few years.

Srfgoofy   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print