Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Brig. Gen. M.C. Sayson[Sayson's Irregulars] (Read 1960 times)
E_Lardizabal
YaBB Newbies

Brig. Gen. M.C. Sayson[Sayson's Irregulars]
Dec 30th, 2005, 3:31am

I am looking for any information concerning Sayson's Irregulars. My father was a member of this group during the war and we can find no mention of it anywhere . I am hoping this rings a bell with some of your members and that they would be willing to share their knowledge.
Thanks very much!

« Last Edit: Jan 25th, 2006, 8:02pm by Editor-at-Large »  
  IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Re: Ebert Sayson ?
Reply #1 - Dec 30th, 2005, 7:19am

Can you supply more information?  What was your father's full name?  Was he a Philippine Scout?  If so, what unit?  From when to when did he serve? Where did Sayson's Irregulars fight?  On the PSHS website Memorial page is the obituary of Bernard Sesson of San Jose.  His deceased father Ebert was a former Philippine Scout who fought with the guerrillas.  If this is the same man, the Sesson family might have some information.

Editor

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
E_Lardizabal
YaBB Newbies

Re: Ebert Sayson ?
Reply #2 - Dec 31st, 2005, 10:26pm

My father is Evaristo Ramos Lardizabal. He was 13 or 14 years old at this time. He provided me with copies of his ID cards and I see that the signature  on Sayson's Irregular is Brig. Gen. M.C. Sayson so it appears that Ebert Sayson may not be the one I was looking for. He has also ID for Hunters ROTC/Miguel Ver Comp. Regt. This was from 1944 til the end of the war in Manila and surrounding areas-Balintawak and Bulacan (sp?) were areas he named. He also mentioned working with a man he says was a Scout- he remembers the name as Francisco Saballas -the last name may not be spelled right. It's as close as I can get phonetically. I could scan a copy of the ID cards if you think it might help. I'll check your website for mention of Francisco Saballas- thanks for your help!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print