Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tomas Kondo - passing his US citizenship (Read 2916 times)
Archie K. Santos-Diaz

Tomas Kondo - passing his US citizenship
Jun 15th, 2005, 11:13am

Hi! Can anyone here help me out? Here is the story.  My granpa tomas served during WWII with the Philippine scouts then with the US army up to the Korean war. He Became a Naturalized US Citizen during those times.  My mother (his daughter) was born april 24, 1941. Legitimate child.  Is there a possibility my granpa is already a citizen by serving during the great war threfore passing his unknown citizenship to my mother? Anyone who has a kind heart and knows about this situations please help. I appreciate it a lot. Bless you...

IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Re: Tomas Kondo - passing his US citizenship
Reply #1 - Jun 15th, 2005, 5:06pm

Your grandfather would not become a citizen until he was naturalized, which obviously occurred after your motherís birth. †Therefore his naturalization would not have passed on American citizenship to her, but would have to any other children he fathered after his date of naturalization.

Editor

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print