Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Fernando Pantonial - Scout, guerrilla, U.S. Army (Read 2637 times)
Michael Kelley

Fernando Pantonial - Scout, guerrilla, U.S. Army
May 27th, 2005, 10:13am

I am seeking service information and/or personal recollections regarding Fernando Pantonial from Ft. Mill, Corregidor, who served as a Scout, enlisting in 1937, then as a guerrilla after escaping from the Bataan Death March, and finally the U.S. Army, retiring in 1968.

Fernando enlisted underage by changing his given name, Fernando Acaso, and using the last name of a wealthy friend.  He kept that assumed name for the rest of his life.  He was also known by the nickname "Blackie."

My sons are interested in discovering more about him and my ex-wife's family has been less than cooperative following his death several years ago.

The discovery that Filipinos brought to Lousiana by the Spaniards served as combat soldiers in the Confederate Army (The Avegnos New Orleans Zouaves) has piqued my sons' interest.

Please feel free to contact me by Email at colonel@37thtexas.org

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print