Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sergeant Major Francisco Nacino, 45th Inf Reg (PS) (Read 4452 times)
Francis Nacino

Sergeant Major Francisco Nacino, 45th Inf Reg (PS)
Apr 27th, 2005, 2:54am

Greetings. I am a college student from Manila who is seeking information about the unit which my grandfather, 1st Sergeant  Francisco Nacino of the 45th Inf Regiment Philippine Scouts, served  during the war. I never had the privilege of meeting him or knew what happened to him and his unit during the Japanese invasion and occupation of my country. All I know was that  he survived Bataan and the death march but passed away during his internment at Camp O'Donnell. The only remembrance I have from him is his picture taken before the war, and the bronze star and other medals and ribbons which were posthumously awarded to him, which I myself keep as a family heritage.
  If there's any way that I could learn more about my grandfather's unit, the 45th's history and background, and records, or if there are still surviving veterans of his unit who happens to know him, pls let me know. My email address is ikko909@yahoo.com

Thank you
Francis Nacino
170 Chingkiang St., Pasay City
Metro Manila
Philippines

« Last Edit: Mar 03rd, 2006, 7:48am by Editor-at-Large »  
  IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Re: Sgt. Major Francisco Nacino, 45th Inf Reg (P
Reply #1 - Mar 3rd, 2006, 7:44am

Francis Nacino:  I am sorry for not reading your message via the PSHS website sooner. I was with your grandfather in the 45th Infantry Regt. PS.  At the outbreak of WW II he was our Battalion Sgt. Major of the 2nd Battalion, 45th Inf. PS during the Bataan campaign attached “Fox” Co., for rations until the surrender. During our last stand in Trail 29 we were ordered to retreat to take another position. It was so demoralizing to see men wounded calling for their mothers along the way. This was a day before Gen. King finally surrendered. My section was separated from the group. That day was the last I saw your grandfather. I joined the death march April 10    from Mariveles to Balanga the capital of Bataan and confined within the a school compound where I met my cousin Col. Acosta whose left arm was severed by shrapnel a few days before the surrender. I was with him dragging him along the march still bleeding from his wound. We both survived the war but he died Aprll 1997. If you have any more questions about your father, please feel free to send  via e-mail. I now live in Pearl City, Hawaii since 1984.

Regards to you and yours,

Fred Foz
Pres. PSHS

Maj. Foz may be reached through email at fozf001@hawaii.rr.com.   Editor

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
Ikko909
YaBB Newbies

Philippines
Re: Sergeant Major Francisco Nacino, 45th Inf Reg (PS)
Reply #2 - Jan 25th, 2015, 10:29pm

Thank you sir. I've sent you a private message.

ikko909   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print