Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Seeking info about 45th Inf Regiment PS (Read 5337 times)
Francis Nacino

Seeking info about 45th Inf Regiment PS
Apr 27th, 2005, 2:11am

Greetings. I am a college student from Manila who is seeking information about the unit which my grandfather, 1st Sergeant  Francisco Nacino of the 45th Inf Regiment Philippine Scouts, served  during the war. I never had the privilege of meeting him or knew what happened to him and his unit during the Japanese invasion and occupation of my country. All I know was that  he survived Bataan and the death march but passed away during his internment at Camp O'Donnell. The only remembrance I have from him is his picture taken before the war, and the bronze star and other medals and ribbons which were posthumously awarded to him, which I myself keep as a family heritage.
  If there's any way that I could learn more about my grandfather's unit, the 45th's history and background, and records, or if there are still surviving veterans of his unit who happens to know him, pls let me know. My email address is ikko909@yahoo.com

Thank you
Francis Nacino
170 Chingkiang St., Pasay City
Metro Manila
Philippines

IP Logged
Pops
YaBB Newbies

Re: Seeking info about 45th Inf Regiment PS
Reply #1 - Jan 25th, 2015, 3:27am

Hope you had luck in finding information about the your grandfather and the 45th Infantry Regiment (PS).  It seems hard to find much information in detail about the 45th, including unit rosters, but a general picture of the unit can be built from the many references in books and such.

IP Logged
Andrew45th
YaBB Newbies

Fremont, California
Reply #2 - Feb 11th, 2015, 6:38pm

I will make it my personal mission to gather more info regarding the 45th Infantry Regiment.
 I had 4 relatives that were in the 45th Infantry Regiment.
 My grandfather Corporal Mariano S. Marfa served 1932-1946 45th Infantry Regiment Company "I", then Service Co., 45th (PS).  Later HQ & HQ Detachment, 3rd MilitaryPolice Battalion (PS).  Finally ending with the 510th Transportation Truck Company(PS).  Prisoner of war, Bataan Survivor.
Corporal Pedro Oxonian, 45th Infantry Reg. Company "H".  KIA Feb 11, 1942.
 Private Luis Narag Cruz, 45th Infantry Reg. Date of Death Sept 27, 1942.  And his twin brother Private Marcelo Narag Cruz, 45th Infantry Reg., date of death July 7, 1942.
 Four relatives.  Only my grandfather survived.  If anyone has any info regarding the 45th infantry regiment.  History, rosters, placement/timeline of battles, Company pics I would really like to hear from you.
Andrew Galindez
Strong to Endure
Mabuhay ang Philippine Scouts!

IP Logged
Pops
YaBB Newbies

Reply #3 - Feb 11th, 2015, 11:28pm

That's great information!  Hopefully some knowledgeable folks will respond and share more information about the 45th Infantry!  There's a recent multi-part series on the regiment's action on the Abucay Line in January 1942 at the Bataan Campaign web log on wordpress.com.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print