Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bataan Death March Historian (Read 7176 times)
Marlena_S
YaBB Newbies

Bataan Death March Historian
Apr 01st, 2005, 2:41am

Hello. My name is Marlena Sandor and I attend San Pedro High School.

My grandfather, Capt. Alex C Andres was in the Philippine scouts and was in the Bataan Death March. I'm doing a documentary about the march and have been desparately serching for people to interview about the subject.

Unfortunately, I'm about two years late as many of my relatives who partcipated in the march have now passed on.

I'm searching for a historian or an "expert" that I could interview regarding the death march in the Los Angeles area.

Thank you for your time.

IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Re: Bataan Death March Historian
Reply #1 - Apr 4th, 2005, 4:54pm

Marlena, there still are Philippine Scouts living in the Los Angeles area and perhaps one of them will respond to you.  In the meantime, there are a number of books on the Death March, some of which are listed on the bibliography page of our PSHS website.  Also you might consider an e-mail or telephone interview.  Col. John E. Olson, Historian of the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society, is one such possibility.  His e-mail and telephone number are on the Membership page of the website.

Good luck with your research.

Editor

« Last Edit: Dec 5th, 2007, 2:58pm by Editor-at-Large »  

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
Marlena_S
YaBB Newbies

Re: Bataan Death March Historian
Reply #2 - Apr 4th, 2005, 6:28pm

Thank you very much. I already got permision from my Uncle Vilarian to use anything we need from his book. And thank you for the tip about Mr Olson, I'll try to get in contact with him right away. Cheesy

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print