Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
1st Lt Wiliiam E Stephenson, 12th Inf. Div.(PS) (Read 2138 times)
Jim Stephenson

1st Lt Wiliiam E Stephenson, 12th Inf. Div.(PS)
Mar 9th, 2005, 7:26pm

Indications from recently discovered records indicate that my father, 1st Lt. William Stephenson, served with in HQ SP TRPS 12TH INF DIV (PS). His ASN# was 0544461. I have a copy of his "Special Orders, #93" 12th Infantry, PS dated 20 August 1946. These were apparently his orders to return to the States. There are several other soldiers listed on these orders,both of Phillipino and US descent. Units referred to in the orders include the following:
43rd INF, 12th MED BN, 45TH INF, 57TH INF.
I would greatly appreciate any information about my father as he was very silent about his service.
Thanks to you all for your service to the nation and the world.

« Last Edit: Mar 18th, 2005, 4:43pm by Editor-at-Large »  
  IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Re: 1st Lt Wiliiam E Stephenson, 12th Inf. (PS)
Reply #1 - Mar 18th, 2005, 10:46am

The 12th Infantry Division (PS) was the post-war successor to the Philippine Division.  Editor

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
Jim Stephenson

Re: 1st Lt Wiliiam E Stephenson, 12th Inf. Div.(PS
Reply #2 - Apr 11th, 2005, 1:04pm

He may have been in the 12th Quartermaster Corps, also. His service in theatre began with , or just after, Leyte Gulf, October of 1944.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print