Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sgt. Antonio N. Lumio, 45th Inf. (PS) (Read 3695 times)
Jonathan Lumio Recibe

Sgt. Antonio N. Lumio, 45th Inf. (PS)
Mar 01st, 2005, 10:18am

Dear Sir,

I would like to know information regarding my grandfather, Sgt. Antonio N. Lumio 45th Inf Rgt (PS) who joined the Philippine Scouts in 1929. He survived the Death March but died of malaria on May 14, 1942 during his incarceration at Camp O'Donnell, Capas, Tarlac.

I would like to know where I can get his service record just to know what he did during his stint as a Philippine Scouts NCO. I heard that he taught Philippine Army soldiers during his term as a Scout.

Thanks,

Jonathan L. Recibe

IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Re: Info on service record
Reply #1 - Mar 1st, 2005, 10:29am

Information on obtaining service records from the Department of Veterans Affairs is available on our PSHS website on the "Resources" page.  I will also circulate your grandfather's name to our e-mail list.

Editor

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
dong
YaBB Newbies

Re: Sgt. Antonio N. Lumio, 45th Inf. (PS)
Reply #2 - Feb 16th, 2007, 12:16pm

Dear Mike,

The National Personnel Records Center has replied to my inquiry. Unfortunately, my grandfather's records were destroyed during a fire in the '70s.

However, they were able to send me some info regarding his service in the Scouts.

My grandpa was with the "L" Company, 45th Inf(PS) and served from 1929-1932 and from 1941 until his death in 1942. He was able to survive the Death March but succumbed to malaria while a POW at Camp O'Donnell in Capas, Tarlac.

I'm just wondering why he was not with the Scouts between 1932 to 1941. I'm sure that my mother and her siblings were born and raised within the vicinity of Ft. Mckinley between 1933 and 1940 and were able to go home in their province of Aklan(formerly the 3rd District of Capiz. Became a separate province in 1956) before the war broke out in December 1941.

I hope somebody can explain this to me. I remember that my uncle has told me that my grandpa used to train Philippine Army troops in the Bicol region. I don't know if he was there in 1932 to 1941.

Sincerely,
Dong

jonrecibe jrecibe55   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print