Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Info request: Urbano Calapini, PS (Read 2520 times)
Adam.Niksadat
YaBB Newbies

Info request: Urbano Calapini, PS
Feb 28th, 2005, 9:37pm

Greetings,

Can anyone please help me find information on my grandfather, Urbano Calapini?  Unfortunately I know very little; he died in the mid-1980s when I was a boy.  I know that he was a Philippine Scout who survived the Bataan Death March, and according to my uncle he either retired from or left the service as a US Army Lieutenant.

I am a US Army Staff Sergeant who will be participating in the 2005 Bataan Memorial Death March in New Mexico.  While I've known for a while that he was a survivor of this terrible time, the realization of what he must have experienced didn't hit home until I matured and entered military service.  I wish he were still here today so that I might learn from him and hear his stories, but I must be content with holding his memory to heart during this undertaking.  

Any information that someone might know about him and/or his unit would be priceless.

Thank you,
Adam Niksadat
shinnix@gmail.com

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print