Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dominador A. Rongero, 26th Cavalry(PS) (Read 4442 times)
Ortanez Rongero

Dominador A. Rongero, 26th Cavalry(PS)
Feb 28th, 2005, 8:36pm

My father, Dominador A Rongero, served with the 26th Cavalry during the war. My mom said he was with the Troop B or Company B. He never talked much about exploits of the 26th Cavalry or what he did personally for that matter. We have two pictures of him taken before the war, the Company group picture taken at Fort Stotsenberg and one of him on a horse, jumping over an obstacle. Not sure what the latter was all about.

Any information anyone can provide about my father is greatly appreciated. If you know of any sites that I can grab some information from that may contain some pictures of the 26th, please send me the sites.

Nez Rongero
nez.rongero@gmail.com

IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Re: Dominador A. Rongero, 26th Cavalry(PS)
Reply #1 - Mar 1st, 2005, 10:39am

My father was in Hqs, 26th Cavalry in  Fort Stotsenburg in charge of Radio station. I do remember the many beautiful moments with many military men during that time.Your dad is just a  name for me at this time but I am sure he knows my dad, My dad, seems to know many men from the 26th cavalry, being assigned in hqs. radio station.
I used to go to the station and be served  with iced tea before I went  to the movies  for the weekend. I went to school at  Dean Worcester school right there when the planes from Japan were zooming down to bomb Clark air base. Many more stories.......
My uncle was also with the 24th Artillery  and he was also in charge of the motor pool.

We should have a day reserved for MEMORIES of Fort Stotsenburg. Communicate with me re:date. The most no. of military men and familes are in San Francisco area and Fort Lewis, Tacoma and Seattle area. These individual could add to the MEMORIES of Fort Stotsenburg. Have a lunch, then Q and A Historical tidbits of World War  II

gloria YSMAEL adams
Gloysmael@aol.com

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
Nez Rongero

Reply #2 - Mar 1st, 2005, 11:21am

Thanks for the reply. Fort Stotsenburg was before I was born, but I am willing to join some gatherings to learn more about the 26th Cavalry. I will comminicate with you offline.

IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Reply #3 - Mar 1st, 2005, 2:59pm

Dear Nez,
    I knew your father.  He joined the service in 1940 and assigned with Troop B, 26th Cavalry. He was with 1st Sergeant Bolawan. The war broke out and  and  I have not seen him again  although I was soon transferred to Troop B two months before the surrender of Bataan. When I was released from the concentration camp I married my fiancee who was living with her grndmother in Bamban, Tarlac and while we were visiting my wife's acquaintances I saw Doming, already married to Eliang the daughter of Apong Gato, the wife of PFC Pialet who used to be a cook in Troop B. When the Philippines was liberated we were both assigned with Company C, 1st Military police Battalion stationed in Baclaran, Manila where he was assistant clerk and I was the Chief of the Criminal Investigation Section. We separated in 1946 when the Batallon was disbanded.  I have not heard about him until 1954. At that time  I was vouching for a group of retired scouts who were applying for identification cards in Presidio of San Francisco and as we were congregating in the snack bar the name Tech Sergeant Dominador Rongero was mentiolned.  I inquired more about him and they said that he was assigned in Fort Sam Houston. That is all I know.

- Felipe A. Fernandez.  WW2PrsnrFelipe@aol.com

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
Nez Rongero

Reply #4 - Mar 7th, 2005, 12:11pm

Mr. Fernandez,

Sorry for the late response.

Thank you for the information about my Dad. Here is a brief chronology on his life from the last time you saw him. In 47 his first stateside assignment was at Ft Sam Houston. He went to Panama Canal, on to Korea in 51, finished his service at Fort Riley in 1960 and retired in Bamban. In 1964 he returned to the States with my oldest brother and subesquently my two other brothers joined them. They all lived together with First Sgt. Bulawan in Marina, CA. After all three boys joined the service, 2 Army and 1 Air Force, my Dad lived with Lolo Bulawan (our adapted Grandfather) for a couple more years and came home in 70. In 76 he returned to the States for good, this time with our Mom, and they settled in Texas.

I am sorry to inform you that he passed away in April '96 and buried at Fort Sam Houston. My Mom still lives in San Anotonio. Here is her phone number, I am sure she will be delighted to hear from you. 210-590-1096.

Regards,

Nez Rongero

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print