Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Need some info--45th Inf. (PS) (Read 3806 times)
Jonathan Lumio Recibe

Need some info--45th Inf. (PS)
Feb 25th, 2005, 10:19am

To whom it may concern,

My grandfather, Sgt Antonio N. Lumio joined the Philippine Scouts in 1929 and survived the Death March but succumbed to malaria at Camp O'Donnell , Capas, Tarlac in May, 1942. He was with 45th Infantry Regiment PS.

I would like to know if you can recommend any book which will report the activities of my grandfather's outfit during the last world war.

My grandmother is gone and she used to tell stories of my grandfather while they were were in Fort Mckinley. My mother and her sisters and a brother were born there. They went home to our province in Aklan just before World War II started.

Sincerely yours,

Jonathan L. Recibe

« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2005, 3:05pm by Editor-at-Large »  
  IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Re: Need some info
Reply #1 - Feb 25th, 2005, 1:17pm

I suggest you obtain a copy of The Philippine Scouts edited by Col. John Olson.  He devotes a chapter (pp. 81-104) to the 45th Infantry (PS) and includes many photos.  Purchase information is available on the PSHS website in the bibliography half way down the "Exchange" page.  Bataan Our Last Ditch by John W. Whitman also contains numerous references to the 45th.  It, too, is listed in the bibliography, but probably will have to be located through a second hand book outlet.  Finally, the Bulletin of the American Historical Collection serialized a book "Strong to Endure: The story of Captain George Moore During World War II" by Bruce M. Moore.  Capt. Moore was an officer in the 45th Infantry (PS).  The three Bulletin issues carrying the story are Vol. XXVIII No. 2, 3, 4 published in 2000.  These back issues may be available through Book Bin Pacifica, Corvallis, Oregon.  e-mail: pacific@bookbin.com or tel: (541) 752-0045.  

Sincerely,

Editor

« Last Edit: Feb 28th, 2005, 12:47am by Editor-at-Large »  

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print