Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
PS mottos (Read 2076 times)
Victor S. Verano

PS mottos
Dec 17th, 2004, 11:57pm

I apologize for the "trivialness" of my question. I am curious as to how the Scout unit mottos were used.

What I mean is when and how did they say their mottos? For example I think the modern day 101st Airborne Air Assault division of the US army would greet each other with an "Air Assault!" when saluting or passing each other. The same with the "Rangers lead the way" motto of the rangers.

Was it the same back then for the Scouts? Thank you.

IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Re: PS mottos
Reply #1 - Feb 11th, 2005, 1:09pm

The following was contributed by Col. John Olson, 57th Infantry Regt. (PS):

I cannot recall the Mottos being used except in speeches. When then Lt Col Brougher became the XO of the 57th, he quoted it in his many talks and speeches. I will screen the PS files to see if,when or how it may have been.   There was the "Stand aside, men, the Scouts are taking over" that came out in print after the 2nd Bn relieved the Naval Battalion at Lonaskawayan.
Regards,
JEO  

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print