Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Pvt David Pallingayan PS10 341 141 (Read 3050 times)
paul_pallingayan
YaBB Newbies

Pvt David Pallingayan PS10 341 141
Dec 10th, 2004, 11:45am

My father is a veteran, he enlisted Aug 29, 1946 under Philippine Scout US army with ASN-PS10 341 141, AOS-ORD,  Organization-188th OBD Co (PS) APO 331, Military occupational specialty and no.- Duty Soldier II-188. He served in Okinawa Japan from Dec. 14, 1948 to Jan. 29, 1949 and he received ARMY OF OCCUPATIONAL MEDAL w/ JAPAN CLASP WW II VICTORY MEDAL. He separated on service Feb. 9, 1949. Why my father never receive any benefits from US government? Is he entitle in VA benefits?

IP Logged
paul_pallingayan
YaBB Newbies

Re: Pvt David Pallingayan PS10 341 141
Reply #1 - Dec 11th, 2004, 9:08pm

Is my father belong to New Philippine Scouts? If he is belong to this group he is entitled to VA Benifits. Can you or anybody help me, by giving me information what to do to avail such benefits. I really appreciate any assisstance or help from you.

IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Reply #2 - Dec 12th, 2004, 12:02pm

It appears to me that your father was a "New" (post WWII) Philippine Scout.  The U.S. Embassy Manila website link found on the "Resources" page of our PSHS website has detailed information on benefits for which your father may qualify. Editor

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
paul_pallingayan
YaBB Newbies

Reply #3 - Jan 21st, 2005, 10:54am

Thanks for the information you gave to me. my father is still alive but it seems to me he's no longer interested on any compensation he may be receive cause he is getting older and maybe he don't have any resources. Can be the Veteran's Affair in Washington USA entertain me if in behalf of my father i will be the one will send letter to their office to verify if my father is entitle on such compensation or benefits?

IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Reply #4 - Jan 26th, 2005, 8:25pm

Information on contacting the VA can be found on our website "Resources" page.  They should be able to respond to your questions.  Editor

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
paul_pallingayan
YaBB Newbies

Reply #5 - Feb 26th, 2005, 8:39am

I've send a letter to VA office in Washington and VA section in US embassy Manila last February 2 and waiting for a responds. Thank's for all of  information and assistance you gave to me.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print