Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
12th Signal Corps ? (Read 3570 times)
Ronald Limbaugh

12th Signal Corps ?
Jul 21st, 2004, 9:55pm

I'm trying to find out more info concerning my grandfather's army service. From the little I've been able to gather so far, I've found that he was in the Signal Corps possibly assigned to the Philippine Scouts. He enlisted in Nov 1945, but I don't know much more than that. If anyone has any information concerning PFC Grover E. Limbaugh, I would be forever grateful to learn more of his experiences.

« Last Edit: Apr 13th, 2005, 8:32am by Editor-at-Large »  
  IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Re: 12th Signal Corps ?
Reply #1 - Jan 9th, 2005, 11:54am

Those enlisting in the Philippine Scouts in November of 1945 were Filipinos and did so in the Philippines.  As your father's name isn't Filipino, he would appear not to qualify for enlistment in the Philippine Scouts.  The only Americans in the unit were officers.

There is a 12th Signal Company (PS), which was originally organized in 1921, saw action in WWII and was reactivated following the war.  When reactivated it consisted mostly of survivors of the war.  The unit was inactivated in 1947.  A short history of the unit is included in the book The Philippine Scouts edited by Col. John E. Olson, pp. 270-2.  Information on obtaining this book may be found in the bibliography list on the "Exchange" page of our website.  Editor

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print