Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sgt.Gerardo(Geronimo) Suplemento, 14th Eng. Bn(PS) (Read 4976 times)
Alfredo Roces

Sgt.Gerardo(Geronimo) Suplemento, 14th Eng. Bn(PS)
Jun 2nd, 2004, 12:19am

Greetings! I am a writer researching on WWII Filipinos who served in the Guerrilla movement. I would like very much to get in touch with a Sgt Gerardo Suplemento, Philippine Scouts, C Company, 14th engineers, who served under Col. Narciso Manzano during the Japanese Occupation of the Philippines. Or his kin or anyone who knew him.

My last book was on Free Philippines during WWII entitled "Looking For Liling" (Anvil Press 2000)about a martyr who won the medal of freedom. I also would like to hear from Filipinos who were trained in Australia to infiltrate the Philippines under Jesus Villamor or Charles Parsons or George Rowe. I would like to tell their story.
Any courtesy you can extend to this request will be much appreciated.
Sincerely
Alfredo Roces
email: dingroces@bigpond.com.au

« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2005, 7:15pm by Editor-at-Large »  
  IP Logged
Pete Sarmiento

Re: Sgt.Gerardo Suplemento
Reply #1 - Jul 20th, 2004, 10:11pm

Read your question regarding Sgt. Suplemento.  My Dad happen to served with Sgt. Suplemento. My late was
with Company B. I am pretty sure that Sgt. Suplemento had passed away. My father was 94 when he passed away in May 1998.

I am pretty sure that some of the kids are alive and living probably in the Philippines or California.

Are you familiar with a book written by M/G Willoughby regarding the Guerrilla activities in the Philippines during the Japanese Occupation?

IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Re: Sgt.Gerardo Suplemento--14th Engineers Rgt(PS)
Reply #2 - Aug 5th, 2004, 8:08pm

The following, slightly edited, was contributed by former Philippine Scout Mar G. Arradaza:

"Sgt. Suplemento's first name if Geronimo, not Gerardo.  He was a Staff Sgt. when I enlisted in 1941 with Co. "E", 14th Engineers.  In November 1941 he was appointed First Sgt. Co. "C" 14th Engrs during the [unit's] reorganization...During the liberation...he was a First Lieutenant.  The last time I saw him wan in January 1965 in his home at Oak Street, San Francisco.  His naturalization name was Gerome or Jerome and he retired as perhaps a 1st Lt. or a Captain."  Mar G. Arradaza

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
Alfredo Roces

Re: Sgt.Gerardo Suplemento
Reply #3 - Aug 8th, 2004, 9:12am

Thanks to Pete Sarminento and Scout Mar Ardaza for their replies to my query on Suplemento. If you have an address of friend or kin of Suplemento I could contact, Iwould appreciate it. If not, where could I find service records on him?
Thank you for your valuable feedback.
Regards
Ding Roces

IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Re: Sgt.Gerardo(Geronimo) Suplemento, 14th Eng. Bn
Reply #4 - Apr 12th, 2005, 7:21pm

Other NCOs serving with S/Sgt. Geronimo Supllemento in Company "E" were 1st. Sgt. Eusebio Prodigo, Sgt. Fernando Amistoso, Sgt. Eugenio Bartulabac, Sgt. Alfredo Corduva, Sgt. Paulo Canate, Sgt. Pantaleon Curat, Sgt. Candido A. Lomboy, Sgt. Dalmacio Salazor, Sgt. Catalino Tolero, and Sgt. Sulpicio T. Zamora.

If anyone is aware that any of these men is still living, please inform Mr. Roces at dingroces@bigpond.com.au.

Editor

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print