Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Lt George C Charlton (Read 2581 times)
grcharlton
YaBB Newbies

Lt George C Charlton
May 06th, 2004, 3:12pm

My grandfather, George C. Charlton arrived in the Philippines in 1899 (+/-) as a sargeant in the US 22nd Infantry. He was later promoted into the Philippine Scouts as a 2nd Lt. and served with the  Philippine Scouts until 1913 (+/-).  I am looking for any information regarding his service. Additionally, I am looking for any books or reference material about the PS during this time period.

Thank you,

George Charlton

IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Re: Lt George C Charlton
Reply #1 - May 7th, 2004, 7:17am

There are several books listed in the bibliography found at the bottom of the Exchanges page on the PSHS website which cover the early days of the Philippine Scouts.

Mike Houlahan
Newsletter Editor

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Re: Lt George C Charlton
Reply #2 - May 28th, 2004, 4:54pm

Another book you may wish to read is The Philippine War: 1899-1902 by Brian McAllister Linn.  MH

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print