Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Alejandro Rimando, PA (Read 2418 times)
Jon Rimando

Alejandro Rimando, PA
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:45am

I am looking for any information on my Grandfather, is name is Alejandro Rimando. †the only information that my family has, is that he was on the Death March, and was killed in a POW camp near Tarlac. †If anyone has any information, please let me know.

« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2005, 3:40pm by Editor-at-Large »  
  IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Re: Information On Grandfather
Reply #1 - Apr 2nd, 2004, 4:23pm

Finding information with only a name to go on is very difficult. †Was your grandfather a Philippine Scout? †If so, what unit was he in? †Do you know when and where he enlisted? †What his rank was? †

If he was a Scout, we may be able to help. †However, if he was Philippine Army, we wouldn't have access to his records and our surviving Scouts would be unlikely to have known him.

Sincerely,

Mike Houlahan
PRO, PSHS

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Re: Alejandro Rimando
Reply #2 - Apr 9th, 2004, 6:57pm

The only information that we have is his name and his serial number, which is XC-6189056, all we know is that he was a Scout, and that my Lola receives a pension check every month. I hope this helps a little, but that's all we know. Thank you for your help, and I hope you have a Happy Easter.   Jon Rimando

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Re: Alejandro Rimando
Reply #3 - Apr 9th, 2004, 6:59pm

Iíve checked with several former Philippine Scout officers who tell me that the serial number is not one used by the Philippine Scouts or any other branch of the U.S. Army.  It would appear that your grandfather was in the Philippine Army.  Some Philippine Army personnel and some guerrillas were eligible for pensions.

PRO, PSHS

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print