Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Capt. Charles Thomas Brown, MC US Army (Read 4318 times)
Mary P. Wood

Capt. Charles Thomas Brown, MC US Army
Mar 25th, 2004, 12:16am

Seeking information on Dr. Charles T. "Charlie" Brown.  He was stationed at Ft. McKinley before WWII, served on Bataan as a member of the 14th engineers PS and
was liberated from Bilibid in '45.  Any help will be appreciated.  Thank you, M. P. Wood

IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Re: Capt. Charles Thomas Brown, MC US Army
Reply #1 - Aug 5th, 2004, 8:16pm

The following was contributed by former Philippine Scout Mar G. Arradaza:

"Capt. Charles T. Brown [14th Regt. of Engineers (PS)] was our Battalion doctor during the war.  He treated me for my stomach pain while on the front line by Trail #10 on the night of 6 April 1942.  He was always with the Battalion during our fire-fight encounter with the Japanese until we dispersed be the river below a civilian evacuation camp on the right side of Trail #20 about 2:00 p.m. 9 April 1942."  Mar G. Arradaza

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
Mary Peters Wood

Reply #2 - Aug 7th, 2004, 1:55pm

To: Mar G. Arrasaza,  thank you for the information on Capt. Chas Brown.  He was a friend of my Dad's, Capt.  Joseph F. Peters, & I have lately seen Brown's original poems, written while in cabanatuan #1.  They are wonderful  My Dad was at #1 too.  I am looking for information---Did you by chance know my father in PI?  he was with Headquarters Co.  12th Med. batt.  He had been at Ft. Mckinkley and was at the Abucay Hacienda battles.  
I live in Texas where do you live?  Again Thank you very much.  Mary Peters Wood

IP Logged
Blair Howell

Reply #3 - Jan 18th, 2005, 6:28pm

Mrs Wood,
Please contact me as I have misplaced your contact information.

I have Dr Brown's entire surviving collection of poem. I would love to gain any information I can on Dr. Brown and his time in Bilibid.

Thanks,
Blair

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print