Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Andrew Nera Cariaso, 12th Med Rgt (PS) (Read 2384 times)
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Andrew Nera Cariaso, 12th Med Rgt (PS)
Mar 23rd, 2004, 8:50pm

Dear Sir,
I am seeking information on my father Andrew Nera Cariaso, a Bataan Death March survivor. There is very little known about his experience of WWII. He was killed on active duty in Germany on September 1962. All we know is that he survived  and escaped from a prison camp and was awarded the Bronze Star. Our mother who died 12 years ago offered no information regarding
Dad's interment.

My siblings and I are very interested in gathering information to develop a family history to pass on to our progeny and father's part in it is very important to us. I served in the Army and served a tour of duty in Vietnam in 1968 through 1969 and am familiar with the issues surrounding veterans and combat experiences.

We feel that attending reunions of Bataan and Death Camp survivors, we my have a chance of meeting someone who might have known and hopefully be willing to share that knowledge with us, his family. If you feel that our attendance would not be intrusive or disruptive to your reunion activities, we would appreciate permission to attend the 2004 reunion in San Mateo, CA.

Thank you for your help and consideration.

Respectfully,
James Nera Cariaso
Po Box 14711
Tumwater, WA 98512
cariaso3121@msn.com

« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2005, 12:57pm by Editor-at-Large »  

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Re: Andrew Nera Cariaso
Reply #1 - Mar 23rd, 2004, 8:52pm

By all means attend our reunion, which is at the Radisson Villa Hotel in San Mateo April 30-May 1.  Registration information is available on our website.

Mike Houlahan
PRO, PSHS

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Re: Andrew Nera Cariaso
Reply #2 - Aug 5th, 2004, 9:19pm

The following was contributed by former Philippine Scout Mar G. Arradaza:

"Andrew Cariaso was a good friend of mine who enlisted with the 12th Medical Regiment in 1941.  The last time I saw him was in December 1953 in the Philippines at Camp Cavite as I was on my way for assignment to Okinawa.  He seemed to have imigration problem with the Philippine government as he had with him his American wife rumored to be a daughter of a judge or government official.  I heard that he was killed during a [military] manuever exercise in Europe."  Mar G. Arradaza

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print