Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Conrado Castroverde, 57th Inf (PS) (Read 2301 times)
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Conrado Castroverde, 57th Inf (PS)
Mar 22nd, 2004, 5:45pm

I would like to know, if anyone has knowledge of the activities that my dad - pre, during, and post war.  

The following is a brief military bio of my father:

BORN FEBRUARY 19, 1918 IN CABAHUG, CADIZ IN THE PROVINCE OF NEGROS, OCCIDENTAL, PHILIPPINES. ENLISTED ON AUGUST 20, 1941 AND WAS HONORABLY DISCHARGED ON JUNE 30, 1946. SERVED AS A PRIVATE 1ST CLASS WITH COMPANY H, 57TH INFANTRY REGIMENT; PHILIPPINE SCOUTS. COMPLETED MILITARY CAREER AS A CORPORAL WITH COMPANY B, 4TH MILITARY POLICE BATTALION, ARMY OF THE U.S.
TAKEN PRISONER OF WAR APRIL 9, 1942 DURING THE FALL OF BATAAN. AWARDED THE BRONZE STAR WITH 1 OAK LEAF CLUSTER, GOOD CONDUCT MEDAL, PRESIDENTIAL UNIT EMBLEM WITH 2 BRONZE OAK LEAF CLUSTERS, AMERICAN DEFENSE SERVICE MEDAL WITH
1 BRONZE STAR, ASIATIC-PACIFIC CAMPAIGN MEDAL WITH 1 BRONZE STAR, WWII VICTORY MEDAL, COMBAT INFANTRYMAN BADGE, COMBAT MEDICAL BADGE, PHILIPPINE DEFENSE RIBBON WITH 1 BRONZE STAR, PHILIPPINE LIBERATION RIBBON WITH 1 BRONZE STAR, PHILIPPINE INDEPENDENCE RIBBON, PHILIPPINE REPUBLIC PRESIDENTIAL UNIT CITATION BADGE AND THE PRISONER OF WAR MEDAL. INTERRED AT WOOD NATIONAL CEMETERY MILWAUKEE, WISCONSIN O!
N MAY 1, 1991.

Caesar C. Castroverde
Phone: (847) 362-0515
Fax: (773) 380-1665
E-mail: ccc25@cornell.edu

« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2005, 3:41pm by Editor-at-Large »  

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Re: Conrado Castroverde
Reply #1 - Mar 23rd, 2004, 8:12am

A panoramic photo of the 57th is available on the PSHS website by clicking on the 57th listing at the bottom ofl the Photos page.

Mike Houlahan

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print