Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Alfonso Policiano (Read 3912 times)
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Alfonso Policiano
Mar 01st, 2004, 10:19pm

Alfonso Policiano was born in Villa Real Islands in the Philippines and served in the U.S. Army from Aug. 16, 1919 until Aug. 15, 1925 and from Aug. 22, 1942 until April 16,1943 during which time he served as a Scout with either the First Philippine Infantry or the First Filipino Infantry.

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
wilfred
YaBB Newbies

Re: Alfonso Policiano
Reply #1 - Oct 4th, 2010, 8:03pm

This is my father. I am going to have to give this site to my brother and my son the one that is now teaching filipino martial arts. He was usually asking questions about what he did as a scout. I think my dad would have been proud of him. If I remember correctly you tried helping me find information on my father.This is when I found out that his military information along with many others had all been burned in that fire I believe it was in St. Luis. Smiley

IP Logged
ord510

AZ
Reply #2 - Oct 5th, 2010, 8:36pm

Wilfred,

I got from NARA, aad basically what you werote about your father, Alfonso Policiano.  They give his Army Service Number, 37352017 and date of enlisting as August 22, 1942.  His rank is Pvt  For Nativity (place of birth) they have "Undefined Code, !0.  Year of birth, 01.  He is listed as a Filipino Citizen, single without dependents.

Now here is where he has listed items that other Filipinos had listed, and they never were in the US.  Resident State is Colorado, Rersident County is Pueblo, and place of enlistment is Pueblo, Colorado.  

I have seen this same enter on dozen of Filipino enlistment records that were written up during WW II.  They enlisted in the US and in actuality they never ever left the US.  Maybe other readers can give input on this.  I think it was an economic measure.  Money for their enlistment was probably charge to some program where the expenses were charge to a certain state to get federal funda.

This information came from WW II Army enlistment Records.

Thomas McGeeney

Tom
  IP Logged
ord510

AZ
Reply #3 - Oct 6th, 2010, 4:21pm

Correction in my entry of yesterday.  In the 3rd paragraph, 2nd sentence should read "They enlisted in the US and in actuality they never left the Phippines".  Sorry for the confusion.

Thomas McGeeney

Tom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print