Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Michael V. "Buddy" Campbell (Read 4580 times)
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Michael V. "Buddy" Campbell
Mar 01st, 2004, 10:12pm

Michael V "Buddy" Campbell was a Native American from Wolf Point, Montana who served with the 26th Cavalry Unit. He survived the Bataan Death March. On November 6, 1942 he was one of the 750 men that were loaded into the hold of a "Hell Ship". Fewer than half survived the twenty day trip to Yokohama. Buddy worked as a slave laborer for three and a half years, building dry docks, working in graphite mines, and loading ships and trains. He died in 1996. His nephew is looking for more information about his uncle and would appreciate hearing from anyone who remembers Buddy.

If you have information please contact Bob Campbell through Maria Porter (mporter@bigsky.net), a member of the board of the Rocky Mountain Museum of Military History in Missoula, Montana.

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
BallBAR1
YaBB Newbies

Re: Michael V. "Buddy" Campbell
Reply #1 - Sep 1st, 2010, 10:10pm

Hello, I've recently been doing a lot of research on my grandpa, Charles Ball who was with the 31st Infantry, Philippine Division in Bataan.  Grandpa Charlie died over there at the San Vincente River on April 6th.  Your Grandpa Buddy and my Grandpa Thomas Ball were friends back home, as my grandpa Tom served under General Patton in North Africa.  The 31st Infantry was attached to the Philippine Scouts.  I've recently come across some literature mentioning a Mike Campbell and I'll see if I can find those citations and get back to you.   Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print