Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New Message Board (Read 12028 times)
Webmaster
YaBB Administrator

New Message Board
Feb 22nd, 2004, 2:53pm

Welcome to the new Philippine Scouts Heritage Society message board. We hope this will be easier to use and more reliable than the previous version.

Please note, that all the posts from the original message board have been placed here.

We encourage you to start new topics to request information, or share your stories. Be sure to include an appropriate title.

You can post messages as a guest, or register. Registering will enable you to receive notifications of updates to topics you choose.

Enjoy!

-Christa Houlahan

« Last Edit: Mar 19th, 2006, 6:14pm by Editor-at-Large »  

Webmaster
Philippine Scouts Heritage Society
www.philippine-scouts.org
WWW   IP Logged
Chester Alan Peyton, Jr

Re: New Message Board
Reply #1 - Aug 9th, 2005, 2:22am

I am having a great difficulty regestering with this website.  Can you help me?

Alan Peyton

IP Logged
Maria_Lourdes
YaBB Newbies

Silvestre C. Ares, 57th Inf (PS)Company "L"
Reply #2 - Mar 19th, 2006, 5:34pm

My father passed away 14 Feb 2006. He was with the Philippine Scouts. He was ill for a long time before he passed away. I have been trying to piece together his life during WWII. I've heard a lot of the war stories during dinner time.

Most of his documents and memorabilia were stolen after the war. The only document I hold is his discharge paper from the United States Army.

I'd like to hear from those who knew him or know of him during those times.

Sincerely,
Maria

IP Logged
Karl-Wilhelm Welteke
YaBB Newbies

I am an USN
vet.interested in
Phil-Am History.

Subic Bay
Reply #3 - Apr 20th, 2006, 2:39am

I think I have figured out how to use this message board. 2 days ago I sent an email asking "How?".So there is no need to answer that email.
Thank you for your patience.
Karl

WWW   IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Re: S. Ares, 57th Infantry (PS)
Reply #4 - Apr 20th, 2006, 9:18am

I suggest you place this query under the "Scouts" subject  heading where it will be more likely to be read.  If you will send me biographic info on your father, I'll write a short obituary to be placed on our website and in our newsletter.

The following are names of 57th Infantry (PS) veterans who are still living.  Probably some of them knew your father.

57th Infantry (PS) Veterans

John Benson, [A Co.], San Francisco, CA
Justiniano B. Benton, ["A" Co.], Malabon City, Philippines
Mariano Cauilan, [Service Co.], Pleasant Hill, CA
William Penalosa Cazar [F Co.], Ormoc City, Philippines
Primitivo Alcala Cuenca, [HQ Co.], Vallejo, CA
Sgt. Maj. Vic dela Cruz, Marina, CA
Romy Entac, [G Co.], Machine Gun Platoon,] Lennox, CA
Joe Estero, [New Scout w/ postwar 45th & 44th Inf (PS)],       ....Makati, Philippines
Capt. Nick Golla, [E Co.], Seattle, WA
Domindor Guevara, [Anti-Tank Co.], Morton Grove, IL
Cpl. Agustin O. Lacao, [I Co.], Seattle, WA
Col. John E. Olson, San Antonio, TX
Major Urbano Quijance, [B Co., SD w/ S-3, Regtl. Hqtrs], Seattle, WA
MSgt. Alfredo Quijano, San Antonio, TX
Sgt. Joe Taton, Sr., [HQ Co.], Seattle, WA
Col. Frederick Yeager, Wilmington, NC

Editor

« Last Edit: Feb 28th, 2007, 10:27am by Editor-at-Large »  

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
rakksiegirl
YaBB Newbies

NEED INFORMATION PLEASE
Reply #5 - Aug 20th, 2006, 12:11am

I am looking for any information on a person who served in WW II...can someone please direct me on how to do so. His unit was 315 Infantry, Company A. He served from 1944 to 1945, when he was injured in war.
On his grave marker, he has the following:

Tom G. Furman
PFC company A 315 Infantry
WW II
BSM-PH

Can someone tell me what BSM-PH means and why it would be put on his grave marker.
Thanks so much in advance....

IP Logged
jurbandesigns
YaBB Newbies

Reply #6 - Feb 28th, 2007, 1:03am

just wanted to say hello tp everyone!

I am a grandson of a fellow scout Louis Urban and his wife Fely Urban. I would like to become active within the Philipine Scouts since my grandparents were. I will have to do more research about my grandfathers background so i wont come off so general but i plan to learn more about the whole movement. I know that there is a lot to intake, but you have to start somewhere.

cheers,
justin urban Grin

IP Logged
26th
YaBB Newbies

Reply #7 - Jun 26th, 2007, 4:38pm

To the Society:

Thank you for posting my picture representing a PS 26th Cav. trooper. That was a surprise. My dad served with the first 26th scouts in 1923-1926, my uncle during 1940- 1945. They never saw each other again after my dad came to the USA in 1926. My uncle came looking for him in his older days but my dad had passed away by then in 1986.  Again thank you on behalf of my family.

Captain Rudy Cabigas
SJFD/retired

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print