Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Marcelino Calo & Paulino Genobatin (Read 4265 times)
Diomedes Calo Capareda

Marcelino Calo & Paulino Genobatin
Feb 22nd, 2004, 2:22pm

Originally posted on 13:08:49 08/12/03

Dear Philippine Scouts Organization,
I would like to know if there are records that will
show the names of my great grandfather and my
grandfather in your list. Their names are:
1. Marcelino Calo - my grandfather
2. Paulino Genobatin - my great grandfather

The two, I was told, served the United States Army
during the American Occupation in the Philippines.
I would also like to know not just the list but some
other details or photos in your records.
Thank you very much.

Diomedes Calo Capareda

IP Logged
Mike Houlahan

Re: Marcelino Calo & Paulino Genobatin
Reply #1 - Feb 22nd, 2004, 2:23pm

Originally posted on 13:12:02 08/12/03

It would be helpful in trying to run down additional information on your great grandfather and your grandfather if you can identify their Scout unit(s) and the time span of their service. It also would be useful, although not as important, to know where they enlisted and what their ranks were at discharge.

IP Logged
jocap
YaBB Newbies

Reply #2 - Jul 9th, 2008, 9:30am

Dear Philippine Scouts,
I still would like to know if there are records in Pentagon and elsewhere of my grandfather Marcelino Calo and great grandfather Paulino Genobatin serving the Philippine Scouts sometime in the 1920's to 1930's. My mother Teodora Calo and her sister Josefina Calo received pension after Marcelino Calo's death in early 1920 (I do not have exact date when he died.) Their mother Aniana Genobatin received pension as well during that time.  My mother tells me every now and then, (She is still alive at the age of 88.) that they used to live in Corrigedor Island alongside U.S. soldiers when she was growing up in the island. Her grandmother, Casimira Manapsal Genobatin received pension after her husbands death in the 1930's.
Please accomodate my request at your most convenient schedule.

Diomedes Calo Capareda
jocap_1113@yahoo.com

IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Reply #3 - Jul 9th, 2008, 12:39pm

Records on former Philippine Scouts are incomplete.  Instructions may be found on the PSHS website for requesting information from the USG; however, you are giving very little information in your messages.  It would be helpful if you could provide more detail on their spans of service and at least the kind of Scout unit in which they served (cavalry, infantry, artillery, support).  Editor

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
ord510

AZ
Reply #4 - Jul 11th, 2008, 2:08am

Diomedes,

I looked up both on Ancestry.com but could only find 3 enlistments for Paulino.  They have him being born in 1880 and enlisting in the US Army on 9 May 1905, on 16 May 1908, and on 20 May 1911.  He was 24,  27, and 30 years of age respectively on those dates.

You might try the US Army web site and look for the personnel section, where information can be obtained on getting the benefits you  are looking for.  Records for the Army at stored at St Louis, MO and the Army web site can show you how to go about obtaining what you need.

Regards,

Tom McGeeney

Tom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print