Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sgt. Jacinto Saguing, 45th Inf. Rgt. (PS) (Read 3244 times)
Major Fred Foz

Sgt. Jacinto Saguing, 45th Inf. Rgt. (PS)
Feb 14th, 2004, 12:19pm

Originally posted on 10:52:54 04/11/03

Sgt Felix Saquing : You are may be related to my company mate by the name of Jacinto Saquing who was with me in Hq. Co., 45th Inf. Regt PS before the war. At the outbreak of the war my section was assigned with the 2nd Bn., 45th Inf Regt PS and Sgt Jacinto Saquing remained served with the Regtl Hq. He was killed during the Artillery bombardment in Abucay, Bataan o/a Jan. 27th - and I was promoted to Sgt vice Saquing - I remained with the 2nd Bn combat team till we were captured on 9 April 1942-After the war I met his wife in Gudalupe barrio. My belated sympathy of the death of your DAD. Fred Foz
------------------------------------------------------------------------

« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2005, 3:17pm by Editor-at-Large »  
  IP Logged
Felix D. Saguing

Re: Sgt. Jacinto Saguing
Reply #1 - May 5th, 2004, 4:09am

Maj. Fos:

Thank you for sharing a very interesting bit of information about Sgt, Jacinto Saguing, who could very well be my father's relative. I remember him saying that he had cousins who also enlisted in the Scouts one of whom is Bartolome SAGUIN. Please note the spelling of Bartolome's last name, which is the original spelling of my Dad's last name. I have, for the last 10+ years, researched Dad's family history and currently have a data base containing 750 names. Sgt. Jacinto is not one of them. I'm still in the process of locating others of Dad's relatives and there is good possibility I can establish a connection. Semper Fidelis...

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print