Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Photo Fall 2001 Newsletter (Read 2057 times)
Col. (Ret) James P Holley

Photo Fall 2001 Newsletter
Feb 14th, 2004, 11:59am

Originally posted on 22:23:33 24/10/03

My son LTC Ross E. Holley Found your web page. I had given him my father's certificate of The Ancient and Aromatic Order of Balugas of Pinatubo in December 1940.The officer pictured on page 3(front left) of the newsletter with MAJ Galbraith (on his right)holding the whiskey bottle was my father then Captain James E. Holley, Regtl Hq Battery Commander 24th FA (PS). He retired in 1958 as Chief of Staff Ft. Sill, OK. Died August 1981, Lawton, OK. My mother, Constance, brother Chap. (COL) (Ret)Richard H. Holley, and I were also living at Ft. Stotsenburg in 1940.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

IP Logged
LTC Ross E. Holley

Re: Photo Fall 2001 Newsletter
Reply #1 - Feb 14th, 2004, 12:04pm

Originally posted on 10:39:53 04/11/03

My father, COL (Ret) James P. Holley, confirmed for me that the gentleman on MAJ Galbraith's right was my grandfather. If you are looking for information on past members, I'm sure my father could give you the scoop on his dad. His number is (580) 536-5917.

-----Original Message-----
In the Fall 2001 Issue (on web), I noticed a picture on the left side of one of the pages which had a picture of MAJ Nicoll F. Galbraith and two other gentleman. I believe the one on MAJ Galbraith's right is my grandfather James E. Holley (went by the nickname of Dutch) of the 24
FA. He was a CPT at the time. I have his framed certificate adopting him into the Order, dated 20 Dec 1940. The signature block on the bottom left had a thumb print above the title "Tomas, King of Bukil Aetas". His named appeared at the bottom right above the title "Captain De Los Cargadores".

R, LTC Ross E. Holley
------------------------------------------------------------------------

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print