Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Juan S. Luzadas (Read 1674 times)
Jose Sison Luzadas

Juan S. Luzadas
Feb 14th, 2004, 1:38am

Originally posted on 15:51:04 23/10/03

Please help me get information re: JUAN S. LUZADAS,
Philippine Scout from Lingayen, Pangasinan, was in the Death March and probably died in Capas, Tarlac.

I was barlely seven years old in 1945 but I remember too well, a certain Captain Reyes who claimed to be my brother's immediate officer in the Philippine Army visited my parents in Lingayen. His written testimony was valuable and was used together with other documents and papers that were accepted by the US Veterans Administration in Washingron D.C.as legitimate claimants for pension benefits and entitlements including receiving medals and decorations on behalf of their son Juan who died during the war as a soldier in the Philippine Scout.

Captain Reyes claimed he was there himself when my
brother, Juan was inducted, recruited and joined the Philippine Scouts.He was drafted in the war while he was student at the far Eastern University in Manila and did not even has no time to return home to say good-bye. For three years during the Japanese occupation day and night hoping and praying my mother was hoping a young walking in the street was my brother.

I would be most grateful if you can tell more info on my brother or provide me website to find the names of the members of the Philippine Scouts, a roster of the fallen dead.

Thank you very much, I remain

Sincerely,

JOSE SISON LUZADAS
------------------------------------------------------------------------

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print