Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My Grandfather: Ruperto Balbarin (Read 2395 times)
Eric Gutierrez

My Grandfather: Ruperto Balbarin
Feb 14th, 2004, 1:33am

Originally Posted on 22:46:48 22/10/03

I am the grandson of Ruperto Balbarin who as far as I know was a scout. I would like more information about his service in the scouts since i know so little of him.

After the WW2 he was one of the lucky few to serve in the US Army and later went to Korea.

Any info will do

Thank you.

IP Logged
Mike Houlahan

Re: My Grandfather: Ruperto Balbarin
Reply #1 - Feb 14th, 2004, 1:35am

Originally posted  on 15:44:22 23/10/03

Can you supply more information on your grandfather, such as what Scout unit he may have served in, when and where he enlisted, and when he retired? Thank you. MH
------------------------------------------------------------------------

IP Logged
Eric Gutierrez

Re: My Grandfather: Ruperto Balbarin
Reply #2 - Feb 14th, 2004, 12:46pm

Originally posted on 22:12:58 12/11/03

What I know of him is he joined the scouts before WW2 around the late 30's. He fought in Bataan as an artillery unit as I recall. He was captured by the Japanese with the fall of the 2nd force in April of 1942. He endured the death march and imprisonment, but he escaped a year or so later.

He eventually joined the US Army and served in Korea.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print