Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Capt. Joseph F. Peters, MD, 12th Med Bn (PS) (Read 2412 times)
M. Wood

Capt. Joseph F. Peters, MD, 12th Med Bn (PS)
Feb 14th, 2004, 1:18am

Originally posted on 22:25:56 05/10/03

I have just learned that the 12th Medical Battalion (PS)was part of 57th on bataan. My father recieved a Silver Star--25 Jan 1942--Major Peters was at Balanga Church being used as a hospital when it was bombed.
I would appreciate any info on my father during that time and/or a better knowledge of that particular area of battle at that time. Thank you, M. Wood

« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2005, 3:27pm by Editor-at-Large »  
  IP Logged
Col. John Olson

Re: Joseph F. Peters, MD -- US Army Capt. 1941
Reply #1 - Feb 14th, 2004, 1:20am

Originally Posted on 18:16:06 08/10/03

I knew Peters- same transport Oct '39. At Ft McKinley together until 7 Dec. Will compile what I have. Have turned over all the 12th Med- Regt until 1941, then Bn- to the Curator of Med Museum. He and I will try for a magazine article.

Please tell the two Peters I will send them what I can assemble. Welcome questions. Gen P I talked briefly to and he bought all three of my books.

Each Inf Regiment was supported by a med company. "C" supported the 57th. I think Peters had the support for the 31st.
The church hit by the Jap Artillery was the Abucay, not Balanga. I was right in the path of the first round to hit the ceiling of the body of the nave. Good Lord was on my side!

Regards, JEO
------------------------------------------------------------------------

IP Logged
Mike Houlahan

Re: Joseph F. Peters, MD -- US Army Capt. 1941
Reply #2 - Feb 14th, 2004, 1:21am

Originally Posted on 10:50:25 05/11/03

The following was supplied by Mary Peters Wood, concerning her father:

To correct your correction--Dad's citation reads Major. I guess he'd been promoted because he was Capt. when we were evacuated. He retired in 1952 as a Col. due to recurring illnesses as a result of being a POW.
Thank you for your interest and posting. Mary
------------------------------------------------------------------------

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print