Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
57th Infantry Regiment (PS) (Read 5361 times)
Reynaldo R. Quijano

57th Infantry Regiment (PS)
Feb 13th, 2004, 7:36pm

Originally Posted on 12:36:36 10/08/03

I joined the PSHS early this year through Larry L. Pangan. I intend to become a life member. My father and grandfather were both Philippine Scouts in the 57th Inf Reg. My grandfather was Alfonso Quijano and my father is Alfred Quijano of San Antonio, Texas. My father is a sprightly 87 years old, very active for a man his age. He was probably the youngest member of the 57th Inf Reg. when he posed for a picture in uniform at the age of 8-10 years old as the mascot of the 57th Inf. Reg. in 1924. This picture is in Col Olsen's books of the PS. I am a US Army veteran of the Viet Nam era (1969-1973) and currently work in Saudi Arabia.

I look forward to attending your meetings and gatherings in the future and commend your website and newsletters. As time goes by, fewer Scouts will be around to instill in the younger Filipino generations the spirit of the Philippine Scouts to love of Country, both the USA and the Philippines, perseverance and character. We, the younger generation, must carry on with these traditions and keep the memory of these valiant warriors alive.

Thank You,

Reynaldo R. Quijano MT(ASCP) , CLS(NCA)
------------------------------------------------------------------------

« Last Edit: Apr 13th, 2005, 3:51am by Editor-at-Large »  
  IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Re: 57th Infantry Regiment (PS)
Reply #1 - Mar 23rd, 2004, 8:14am

A panoramic photo of the 57th is available on the PSHS website by clicking on the 57th listing at the bottom of the Photos page.

Mike Houlahan
PRO, PSHS

« Last Edit: Apr 13th, 2005, 3:49am by Editor-at-Large »  

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
clactaoen
YaBB Newbies

Reply #2 - May 14th, 2007, 2:15am

I've been trying to find the photo you mentioned. I'm not seeing any place on the website that says photos. please help me. thanks

IP Logged
Harve
YaBB Newbies

Reply #3 - Sep 1st, 2007, 8:34am

I'm sorry for the huge size, I forgot how to resize the image.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print