Philippine Scouts Heritage Society   Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:
Welcome to the Philippine Scouts Heritage Society Message Board. If you would like to register to be able to post to the message board please email us at webmaster@philippine-scouts.org and give us a username you would like to use. We have been experiencing a significant amount of spam registrations and this seems like the best solution to fix this. Thank you!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Military Insignia (Read 4692 times)
Bob Phillips

Military Insignia
Feb 13th, 2004, 4:38pm

Posted originally on 17:06:59 04/07/03

Hi,

My grandfather was stationed in the Philippines in the 1930's when my Dad was a boy. My Dad would trade cigarettes to soldiers to collect insignia. Later, my Dad himself served in World War II. I have inherited a box of insignia. I know nothing about insignia. I have photographed and posted some of them at this page:

http://www.nbrhd.net/Insignia/InsigniaHome.htm

I'll be posting more as I get the time.

I am curious about what they represent. If any of your members would be willing to take a look and tell me something about them, I would be very appreciative.

I notice already that one of them is posted on the Philippine Scouts website.

Sincerely,
Bob Phillips
Stilwell, Kansas

*      Military Insignia From 1930 to 1950, Pacific

IP Logged
Editor-at-Large
YaBB Administrator

Ohio
Re: Military Insignia
Reply #1 - Jun 13th, 2004, 12:28pm

The following was passed on by a PSHS member:

I thought you might be interested the availability of decals pertaining to the Philippine Scouts (Philippine Division). They have various sizes available. You might pass along to people who might be interested.

Pete Sarmiento

Newsletter Editor
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print